The 3rd National Energy Education Summit will take place on January 22, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Washington D.C. National Airport. The event is organized by NCSE’s Council of Energy Research and Education Leaders (CEREL).
The call for proposals is now open. Click here to learn more about how to make your submissions before August 25th.
Draft Agenda for the 2018 National Summit
8:45 Morning plenary – Introductions and framing of the Summit – CEREL President, Tom Richard, Director, Institute for Energy and Environment, Penn State University and Michelle Wyman, NCSE Executive Director
9:00 Keynote – Education for Resilient Energy Systems –
9:45 Plenary panel: Education for Resilient Energy Systems – Where are we going, How do we get there? How to prepare students to be future energy professionals? How to prepare energy literate citizens?
11:00 Session 1: Facilitated Breakout discussions: Education for Resilient in Energy Systems – where are we going, how do we get there?
12:30 Networking Lunch
2:00 Session 2: Symposia, Skill building workshops or topical discussions – Topics in Energy Education (concurrent sessions) See below for topics; talks selected from applications submitted by attendees
3:45 Session 3: Symposia, Skill building workshops or topical discussions – Topics in Energy Education (concurrent sessions)
5:15 Poster Reception
Possible Topics for sessions:
- K-12 Energy Education
- Introductory Energy Education: Energy 101 and General Education
- Enhancing Engineering Education for Resilient Energy Systems
- Pedagogy and Assessment of Student Learning
- Defining Resilience and Sustainability in an Energy Context
- Connections between with Energy Education and Energy Practices on Campus and in Local Communities
- Diversity: Advancing Diversity in the Sustainable Energy Field
- Career Preparation, Employer Needs and Student Opportunities
- Undergraduate Degree Programs, Minors, Concentrations and Certificates
- Courses and Programs at Two Year (Community) Colleges
- Graduate and Professional Education
- Public Education
- Bioenergy Education
- Other Energy Education