The National Council for Science and the Environment’s (NCSE) Council of Energy Research and Education Leaders (CEREL) is now ready to accept abstracts for presentations (talks or posters) and sessions (workshops or topical discussions) at the 3rd National Energy Education Summit, which will take place January 25, 2018 in Washington DC.
The purpose of the Summit is to engage energy educators in all sectors, including K-12, higher education and public education in sharing best practices and developing partnerships, in order to expand the impact and effectiveness of energy education. The Summit will cover what we teach in energy education, how we teach it, how we can collaborate to teach it better, and how we can overcome critical challenges. The report and presentations from the 2016 Summit, available at www.EnergyEducationSummit.org, presents a vision for energy education in the US.
Click here to submit a proposal for the 2018 Summit by October 16th, 2017 For information needed for proposals, click here.
Proposals will be accepted for:
- Oral Presentations – 15 minute talks in symposia (including Q & A)
- Poster presentations
- Skill-building workshops (90 minute sessions to teach participants skills such as how to use a technique such as active learning)
- Topical discussions (90 minute discussions about a topic such as core competencies in energy education)
Submissions will be accepted in the following topic areas:
- K-12 Energy Education
- Introductory Energy Education: Energy 101 and General Education
- Enhancing Engineering Education for Resilient Energy Systems
- Pedagogy and Assessment of Student Learning
- Defining Resilience and Sustainability in an Energy Context
- Connections between with Energy Education and Energy Practices on Campus and in Local Communities
- Diversity: Advancing Diversity in the Sustainable Energy Field
- Career Preparation and Energy Workforce Development,
- Undergraduate Degree Programs, Minors and Concentrations – creating and sustaining
- Courses and Programs at Two Year (Community) Colleges
- Graduate and Professional Energy Education
- Public Energy Education
- Bioenergy Education
- Other Energy Education (specify)
Please address questions about the Summit to David Blockstein, Ph.D, CEREL Executive Secretary, NCSE Chief Scientist, David@NCSEglobal.org, 301-906-4958.