The Council of Energy Research and Education Leaders (CEREL) is a multidisciplinary membership organization made up of heads of academic energy research and education centers, institutes, and programs. It provides the means for leaders in energy research, education, and communication to collaboratively use knowledge about energy to improve education, decision-making, and the overall well-being of society.
CEREL works to:
- Increase the contributions of university energy research and education to the challenges facing society.
- Promote the exchange of information and knowledge to create, foster, and encourage cooperative efforts among members of CEREL and other scientists and engineers, federal, state, and local agencies, business, and non-governmental organizations.
- Elevate awareness of the role of energy in human affairs across every segment of society
- Support efforts to advance knowledge and learning in the interdisciplinary energy fields (engineering, agriculture, the humanities, and physical, biological, and social sciences).
- Research: advocating funding for university-based energy research; advancing and elevating the national dialogue about energy
- Education: developing and sharing approaches and best-practices to prepare the future workforce
- Collaboration: bringing together research and education leaders from all energy fields
- National Energy Education Summit